A large structure lies ahead. As you draw nearer you see an old stone wall across the clearing. In its center an iron gate, skewed, rusty. And besides the gate two towers, one nearly destroyed, the other still standing. Was this what this battle was about? To invade the now forgotten realm beyond the gate?
You follow the old road a bit further. After some more abandoned war machinery you stumble upon something. As you look down you see a skull in a rusted helmet. You gaze further ahead and see an old battlefield, spiked over and over with arrows. And beneath the arrows you see corpses. The mortal remains of soldiers that died long ago, embedded into the grass, overgrown and withering.
The old farmer tells you, that there is a secret hidden deep in the woods. After searching the woods for hours you find a clearing. You move forward, cautiously, on guard. The first thing you see is an old road, overgrown and not used for decades. Followed by old, decrepit weaponry, rotting away on the gras. What could have happened here?
Take a look at our controller key bindings! It’s based on Dark Souls’ control scheme mixed with twin stick aim because we love fluent and intuitive control experiences.
You can walk and aim at the same time, you’re able to perform a light and a heavy strike, you can sprint (watch you stamina!) and of course do some parrying. If your sword is sheathed, your character will draw it with a strike input first. You will also be able to perform a thrust attack while running and do some strike combos.
There are a lot more dependencies to come, but all in due time 😉
We approach. A productive week lies behind us:
- Deciduous Trees for the camp added with animating treetops
- 2nd scene sketch
- 2nd scene scribble in progress
- Enemy block and pursuit in progress
- Camp asset setup
- Humanoid shadows
- AI looking for seat nearby and sits down
- AI movement refactoring. Was looking for shortest route in the 8-way-movement, but that looked weird and jittered. AI now heading towards target until the next possible direction change leads directly to it.
- Tree prefabs
- AI input refactoring. AI now moves via target position instead of desired direction.
- Shadows fade slightly in the clouds shadows
- Dynamic Post Processing. Areas can be declared bright, sober, dark wood etc which affects the post exposure / saturation / contrast of the camera.
- Horizontal arrow shooting refactored. Added air drag, improved collision.
- Vertical arrow shooting in progress
Videos will follow as soon. And don’t miss out on some sweet impressions on #ScreenshotSaturday! Have a good one!