We’ve been slowly but steadily chipping away on our animations. This week we did some more work on our attack animation, the light attack and combat idle and implemented this work in progress version. First you draw, then you fight!
Take a look at our controller key bindings! It’s based on Dark Souls’ control scheme mixed with twin stick aim because we love fluent and intuitive control experiences.
You can walk and aim at the same time, you’re able to perform a light and a heavy strike, you can sprint (watch you stamina!) and of course do some parrying. If your sword is sheathed, your character will draw it with a strike input first. You will also be able to perform a thrust attack while running and do some strike combos.
There are a lot more dependencies to come, but all in due time 😉
We approach. A productive week lies behind us:
- Deciduous Trees for the camp added with animating treetops
- 2nd scene sketch
- 2nd scene scribble in progress
- Enemy block and pursuit in progress
- Camp asset setup
- Humanoid shadows
- AI looking for seat nearby and sits down
- AI movement refactoring. Was looking for shortest route in the 8-way-movement, but that looked weird and jittered. AI now heading towards target until the next possible direction change leads directly to it.
- Tree prefabs
- AI input refactoring. AI now moves via target position instead of desired direction.
- Shadows fade slightly in the clouds shadows
- Dynamic Post Processing. Areas can be declared bright, sober, dark wood etc which affects the post exposure / saturation / contrast of the camera.
- Horizontal arrow shooting refactored. Added air drag, improved collision.
- Vertical arrow shooting in progress
Videos will follow as soon. And don’t miss out on some sweet impressions on #ScreenshotSaturday! Have a good one!