A large structure lies ahead. As you draw nearer you see an old stone wall across the clearing. In its center an iron gate, skewed, rusty. And besides the gate two towers, one nearly destroyed, the other still standing. Was this what this battle was about? To invade the now forgotten realm beyond the gate?
Take a look at our controller key bindings! It’s based on Dark Souls’ control scheme mixed with twin stick aim because we love fluent and intuitive control experiences.
You can walk and aim at the same time, you’re able to perform a light and a heavy strike, you can sprint (watch you stamina!) and of course do some parrying. If your sword is sheathed, your character will draw it with a strike input first. You will also be able to perform a thrust attack while running and do some strike combos.
There are a lot more dependencies to come, but all in due time 😉
Last weeks Screenshot of our animation controller in Unity got quite some attention. A lot of people mentioned, that we should look into blend trees to improve the controller. So our programmer Tony reworked the controller this week from the ground up. Looks so clean and organized now and it will be way easier to use in the the future 🙂
This week we spent some time figuring out our main character Ketu. A rogue-ish and agile person, grown up on the road, travelled from far away to finally find some answers. But answers to what questions? Well, we won’t tell you yet 😉
“But can’t I play as a woman instead” you ask? We got you covered. Customization options are already planned, to enable you to change up your character to fit your taste. Neat, isn’t it?
For this weeks Screenshot Saturday we present you our second location: The old mill. Down by the creek and over the old bridge lies the home of a lonely old, broken farmer, tending to his crops and waiting for the fall.
It is the second stop the player reaches in our gameplay demo. We tried to create a solitary and melancholic atmosphere here, do you think we managed? What detail do you like, what gives you the feels?
Our programmer and technical artist Tony summoned some mystic shader magic and now we have softly swaying grass, trees that move in the wind and little butterflies roaming around. We are really happy with how it turned out and think, it really helps make the world feel more alive. What do you think?
We approach. A productive week lies behind us:
- Deciduous Trees for the camp added with animating treetops
- 2nd scene sketch
- 2nd scene scribble in progress
- Enemy block and pursuit in progress
- Camp asset setup
- Humanoid shadows
- AI looking for seat nearby and sits down
- AI movement refactoring. Was looking for shortest route in the 8-way-movement, but that looked weird and jittered. AI now heading towards target until the next possible direction change leads directly to it.
- Tree prefabs
- AI input refactoring. AI now moves via target position instead of desired direction.
- Shadows fade slightly in the clouds shadows
- Dynamic Post Processing. Areas can be declared bright, sober, dark wood etc which affects the post exposure / saturation / contrast of the camera.
- Horizontal arrow shooting refactored. Added air drag, improved collision.
- Vertical arrow shooting in progress
Videos will follow as soon. And don’t miss out on some sweet impressions on #ScreenshotSaturday! Have a good one!