Our programmer and technical artist Tony summoned some mystic shader magic and now we have softly swaying grass, trees that move in the wind and little butterflies roaming around. We are really happy with how it turned out and think, it really helps make the world feel more alive. What do you think?
We approach. A productive week lies behind us:
- Deciduous Trees for the camp added with animating treetops
- 2nd scene sketch
- 2nd scene scribble in progress
- Enemy block and pursuit in progress
- Camp asset setup
- Humanoid shadows
- AI looking for seat nearby and sits down
- AI movement refactoring. Was looking for shortest route in the 8-way-movement, but that looked weird and jittered. AI now heading towards target until the next possible direction change leads directly to it.
- Tree prefabs
- AI input refactoring. AI now moves via target position instead of desired direction.
- Shadows fade slightly in the clouds shadows
- Dynamic Post Processing. Areas can be declared bright, sober, dark wood etc which affects the post exposure / saturation / contrast of the camera.
- Horizontal arrow shooting refactored. Added air drag, improved collision.
- Vertical arrow shooting in progress
Videos will follow as soon. And don’t miss out on some sweet impressions on #ScreenshotSaturday! Have a good one!